You can also search for the answer in the Knowledge Base which helps you solve any problem of DVD copy.
Step 1: Run DVD-Cloner and select the "Copy a DVD movie disc to a DVD+/-R (DL) or to the hard disk" copy mode on the Expert interface.
Step 2: Insert the source DVD disc and then click on "Next". If there are several readers on your computer, DVD-Cloner will automatically select the reader with a DVD movie and display the brief information of the DVD movie.
Step 3: Select a copy mode. When you select a copy mode, two different interfaces will appear according to the movie size.
1. When the source DVD movie is less than 4.7G, there are four copy modes for you to choose shown below:
2. When the source movie is over 4.7G, there are six copy modes for you to choose shown below:
*Movie complete copy: Compress a full DVD-9 movie to a blank DVD-5 disc, with menus and special features included.
*Full 1:1 DVD disc copy: Copy any DVD disc block by block, such as movie DVDs, data DVDs, music DVDs or even the scratched ones. It will remove all the DVD copy protections to copy movie DVDs.
*Movie-only copy: Copy the main movie on the original DVD disc to a blank DVD-5 disc, with menus and special features omitted.
*Split one DVD-9 movie to two DVD-5 discs: Split the DVD-9 movie to two blank DVD-5 discs, with menus and special features included.
*Movie customized copy: In this copy mode you can select your desired title(s) and chapter(s) to copy, adjust the compression rate and select DVD-5 or DVD-9 as the target DVD as well as select the audio track(s) and subtitle(s).
*Rip the main movie to MKV: Rip the main movie to the hard disk with MKV format.
Note: There is a button to select the audio track(s) and subtitle(s) you desire on the copy mode selection interface. (This is only available when you select Movie complete copy or Movie-only copy). When you select movie complete copy (or movie-only copy) and the audio track and subtitle selection button, click on the "Next" button, and then the audio track and subtitle selection window will appear.
Note: When you select Movie Customized copy, click on the "Next" button and the title and chapter selection window will appear.
Step 4: Set the output mode. In this window, you can copy your DVD movie to a blank disc or the hard disk as ISO image file or DVD folder. Then click on the "Next" button.
If you have selected to rip DVD to MKV format in Step 3, then the next interface will be shown as follows:
Step 5: Affirm the copy configuration. In this window there will be the task information. Make sure all the information is correct and click on the "Start" button.
Step 6: Reading movie data.
Step 7: After reading, please insert a blank DVD+/-R/RW(DL) and click on "OK" and it will start burning. If you have selected to burn the DVD movie to the hard disk in Step 4, this step will be skipped.
1. If you'd like your computer to shut down after the copy is completed, please close all the other programs and select "Shut down the computer when the copy is finished."
2. If you have a DVD reader and a DVD burner, please insert the source DVD into the reader and select the movie you'd like to burn. Make sure the movie information appears in the information bar. Then insert a blank DVD+/-R(DL) into the DVD burner and click on the "Start" button. DVD-Cloner will automatically begin to read and burn, and won't prompt you to insert a DVD+/-R(DL).
3. If some problems occurred during the burn process, please check "Verify data after the burn is finished". Then DVD-Cloner will verify the data to ensure the burn quality after the burn is completed.
Step 8: Completed!
Article's tag:DVD copy
- Introduction to the Express Interface
- Introduction to the Expert Interface
- When the source DVD is DVD-5 under the Express interface
- When the source DVD is DVD-9 under the Express interface
- How to burn the DVD movie on the hard disk to a DVD+/-R or DVD+/-R DL with the Expert interface?
- How to combine two DVD movies to one DVD+/-R DL with the Expert interface?
- System requirements
- How to copy Blu-ray movies?
- How to find the log file on my computer?
- How to send the log file and IFO files?
- How to make a screenshot on your computer?
- How to find my Product ID on my computer?
- How to use the key file on your computer?
- How to back up the DVD movie on the hard disk?
- How to find the "movie-only" copy mode?
- How to combine multiple DVDs to one BD-R/RE(DL) with the Expert interface?
- How to combine several movie titles from two DVDs to one DVD+/-R DL with the Expert interface?
- How to combine several movie titles from multiple DVDs to one BD-R/RE (DL) with the Expert interface?
- How to copy a Blu-ray movie disc to a blank BD-R/RE(DL) with DVD-Cloner Gold?
- How to copy a Blu-ray movie disc to an ISO file and burn it to a blank BD-R/RE(DL) with DVD-Cloner Gold?