Step 1: Run DVD-Cloner and select the "Copy a DVD movie disc to a DVD+/-R (DL) or to the hard disk" copy mode on the Expert interface.
Step 2: Insert the source DVD disc and then click on "Next". If there are several readers on your computer, DVD-Cloner will automatically select the reader with a DVD movie and display the brief information of the DVD movie.
Step 3: Select a copy mode. When you select a copy mode, two different interfaces will appear according to the movie size.
1. When the source DVD movie is less than 4.7G, there are four copy modes for you to choose shown below:
2. When the source movie is over 4.7G, there are six copy modes for you to choose shown below:
*Movie complete copy: Compress a full DVD-9 movie to a blank DVD-5 disc, with menus and special features included.
Note: There is a button to select the audio track(s) and subtitle(s) you desire on the copy mode selection interface. (This is only available when you select Movie complete copy or Movie-only copy). When you select movie complete copy (or movie-only copy) and the audio track and subtitle selection button, click on the "Next" button, and then the audio track and subtitle selection window will appear.
Note: When you select Movie Customized copy, click on the "Next" button and the title and chapter selection window will appear.
Step 4: Set the output mode. In this window, you can copy your DVD movie to a blank disc or the hard disk as ISO image file or DVD folder. Then click on the "Next" button.
If you have selected to rip DVD to MKV format in Step 3, then the next interface will be shown as follows:
Step 5: Affirm the copy configuration. In this window there will be the task information. Make sure all the information is correct and click on the "Start" button.
Step 6: Reading movie data.
Step 7: After reading, please insert a blank DVD+/-R/RW(DL) and click on "OK" and it will start burning. If you have selected to burn the DVD movie to the hard disk in Step 4, this step will be skipped.
1. If you'd like your computer to shut down after the copy is completed, please close all the other programs and select "Shut down the computer when the copy is finished."
2. If you have a DVD reader and a DVD burner, please insert the source DVD into the reader and select the movie you'd like to burn. Make sure the movie information appears in the information bar. Then insert a blank DVD+/-R(DL) into the DVD burner and click on the "Start" button. DVD-Cloner will automatically begin to read and burn, and won't prompt you to insert a DVD+/-R(DL).
3. If some problems occurred during the burn process, please check "Verify data after the burn is finished". Then DVD-Cloner will verify the data to ensure the burn quality after the burn is completed.
Step 8: Completed!