Tips for Troubleshooting DVD Issues with DVD-Cloner
If you're having issues with your DVD, DVD-Cloner can help you out. Here are some steps to try if you're experiencing problems near the end of the DVD.
- Select "D9 to D5 Movie Only Disc Copy" and backup your DVD on your hard disc. Then play it with PowerDVD or WinDVD and see if you get the same problem.
- Change the D5 Disc Size to 4100 or 4200 in the Advanced Setup in the expert interface. Then try again.
If the above steps don't work, here are a few more tips to help you troubleshoot your DVD issues with DVD-Cloner:
- Check the disc for surface scratches or dirt. If the disc is dirty or scratched, you may need to clean it or replace it.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your DVD player's firmware. You can usually find the latest version on the manufacturer's website.
- Try a different DVD player. Some players may have better compatibility with certain discs.
- Make sure you're using the correct region code for your DVD. If the region code doesn't match, the disc won't play.
- Try a different type of disc. Some discs may be more compatible with certain players.
- Make sure your DVD drive is working properly. If it's not, you may need to