What is the Ultra HD Blu-ray?
Ultra HD Blu-ray is a digital optical disc data storage format that supersedes Blu-ray. Ultra HD Blu-ray discs are incompatible with existing Blu-ray players. Ultra HD Blu-ray supports 4K UHD (3840 × 2160 resolution) video at frame rates up to 60 frames per second, encoded using High Efficiency Video Coding. The discs support both high dynamic range by increasing the color depth to 10-bit per color and a greater color gamut than supported by conventional Blu-ray video by using the Rec. 2020 color space.
Difference Between Blu-ray and 4K UHD
|Resolution||1920×1080 (1080p)||4096×2160 or 3840×2160|
|Storage||25GB/50GB||50 to 100GB|
|Laser Type||405nm (blue laser)||(N/A)|
|Video Codecs||MPEG-2, H264, VC-1||HEVC|
|Region Codes||3 region codes||no region codecs|
How to watch 4K UHD Blu-ray?
You need three things: an Ultra HD Blu-ray player, an Ultra HD TV and some discs, obviously. There are a few important caveats, though.
First, you’ll need to make sure your TV supports at least the HDMI 2.0 standard. Most TVs from the last year or so will, but very cheap models and some models from 2014 or earlier might not. Check your manual or Google the model number to find out – the even newer HDMI 2.1 standard should also be fine.
Also, only the very latest TVs sold in 2016 onwards will support HDR pictures. That’s because HDR requires TVs that can display more colours and have a higher peak brightness.
You can still enjoy Ultra HD Blu-ray without an HDR-ready TV, but it’s loads better if you do have one.
Finally, there are a few players to choose from right now – the still impressive Panasonic DMP-UB900, the newer, equally excellent Panasonic DMP-UB700, and the slightly cheaper, but still very good, Samsung UBD-K8500.
How to copy a Ultra HD Blu-ray?
Ultra HD Blu-ray uses the new AACS 2.0 encryption method. To copy UHD, you need to crack AACS2.0 first.
What is AACS2.0?
AACS 2.0 is an upgraded version of 1.0, which is basically the same, but has modified the data format in many places.
- AACS will require use of HDCP 2.2 for output of 4K content • Additionally, AACS will address transition from HDCP 1.4 to HDCP 2.2.
- Most existing TVs (2K/4K) have HDCP 1.4, for which down-converted output (2K resolution) should be allowed.
- AACS will define ‘HDCP 2.2 flag’. HDCP 2.2 is mandatory in players’ 4K output of such content in which HDCP 2.2 flag is on.
- Device Key Spaces for HD and UHD players SHALL be separated
- Because AACS1 Device is prohibited to decrypt AACS2.0 content
- AACS2.0 Device needs to keep two Device Key Sets and two Host Certificates (Host Private Key) when it decrypt AACS1 content
- Revocation List Record (Host/Drive) in MKB is also different from AACS1
- Otherwise, Host/Drive ID must not overlap between AACS1 and AACS2.0
- Synchronized revocation of both Host Private Key /Certificate and Device Key Set SHOULD be considered
- Some information for identifying Device Key Set is necessary to be put in Host Certificate.
- Adopter needs to implement specified pair of Host Certificate (Host Private Key) and Device Key Set in the Device.
- License Agreement needs to have NEW provision
Is there any software that can crack AACS2.0?
There is currently no software that can really crack AACS2.0. The most important obstacle is the inability to obtain the Host Certificate for the device. An alternative method is to use a part of the optical drive to copy the vulnerability, we call this kind of optical drive called friendly driver.
Here are some UHD friendly driver lists (Latest UHD friendly drivers lists). If you have these CD-ROM drives, and it is shipped in 2017 or before, congratulations, you won, don't upgrade the firmware of the CD-ROM drive, or you will regret it. Because after the upgrade, your driver will no longer know the UHD disc.
The CD-ROMs in the current list are also available, but most of them are no longer available. Their firmware has been upgraded at the factory and it is no longer possible to know UHD BLU-RAY. Don't worry, we can downgrade the firmware of these drives to get it back to 2017 so that it works. How to do it, see how to downgrade friendly drive firmware
How to copy UHD Blu-ray with driendly driver?
Blue-Cloner is recommended for copying UHD Blu-Ray. It is recommended to use Blue-Cloner to copy UHD Blu-Ray. It provides a variety of copy methods, such as 1:1, movie only, etc. In addition, his unique data caching technology can reduce the loss of the optical drive. Detailed use method, see how to copy uhd blu-ray